Monday, January 23, 2012

What Is Christian Apologetics?

GARDEN CITY CHURCH MENS MNISTRY
Christians need to know what they believe and how to defend and share their faith! The Apostle  Peter made this plain as he wrote to the Christians in Asia Minor in the first century saying, ” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;” (1 Peter 3:15 ) This he wrote to the average Christian in the pew, so to speak. It is one of my passions to help my Brothers and Sisters in Christ fulfill this command.
Ready To Give An Answer – LESSON AUDIO
I had the opportunity last Saturday to meet with a few of them and share my most recent paper on the subject which I wrote for my current seminary studies at The North American Reformed Seminary.   We all need to be “Ready To Give An Answer.” I encourage you to check out the paper, its the post on the blog here entitled Ready To Give An Answer. Isn’t that convenient? You can listen and read as I read and discuss the paper in the lesson above or just read or listen.
A friend of mine who is an apologist himself said this of the paper, ” it’s one of the most concise, clear and useful short expositions on the matter that I’ve seen.” you can check out his ministry, Applied Apologetics. Read, listen, learn and enjoy! I pray that the Lord strengthens you as you share the Gospel with those He bring across your path.

In Christ!
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment